We’ve recently jumped in to using essential oils with both feet and uber enthusiasm 🙂 You can read why right here, if you haven’t already. Turns out there are pretty much endless uses for them and therefore the ways they can change your life for the better are also endlessly amazing.
Exhibit A: Wool dryer balls + essential oils means you can lose the fabric softeners but save money on energy costs. Here’s how I do this with my Smart Sheep 6-Pack XL Premium 100% Wool Dryer Balls (Reusable, #1 All-Natural Fabric Softener ~ Best Ranked, Great Gift)
I’m thinking wool dryer balls must be laundry’s best kept secret — they cut down on drying time therefore saving electricity, and for someone like me usually needing to dry each load twice, that’s huge! Our dryer can dry a full load in about 40% less time with the addition of six wool balls. It used to take me two full 60 minute cycles to dry a load. Now I can dry a full load in one 60 minute cycle and only sometimes need to restart for another 10 or 15 minutes. So though there are no specific results promised, I have found this saves my family around 40% per load at a minimum.
I’ve never been one to use chemical laden fabric softeners so the fact that you can also scent laundry naturally by adding a few drops of essential oils is a fun bonus. Other reasons I’m a fan include:
- Reduced static cling.
- Reducing wrinkles and making the laundry softer.
- Handmade out of natural material. Since they are 100% wool, you aren’t left wondering about any nasty chemicals.
– Try scenting the dryer balls by placing a few drops of essential oil (lavender, lemon, etc) on each ball. This will lightly scent your clothes!
– Keep dryer balls away from pets, babies, and toddlers. They will think they are fun toys.
– Reduce static further by making sure clothing is not over-dried. Try taking clothes out sooner than you usually do.
Do you have any laundry tricks or homemaking hacks you’ve discovered? Love to hear from you as always 🙂
If you’re new to using essential oils, you may want to check out Young Living’s amazing premium starter kit. We have found that was the best way for our family to get started. Learn more about why and how we use essential oils, and how you can too right here 🙂
Have a beautiful day!