Below is a list of 26 ways to foster connection with your spouse to help us all remember it’s the little things that mean the most. Click the links for full details and descriptions 🙂
- experiment with creative new ideas to spend time with your spouse – think outside the box
- go out for a night out on the town on the cheap
- create a date night passport for date nights around the world together
- take a fake vacation
- try a two minute hug
- or at least a six second hug 😉
- make heart-shaped pancakes together for valentine’s day
- let your inner child loose with outdoor adventures when the weather’s nice
- work on home improvement projects as a team
- get inspired to get healthy together
- take a day-trip to a brand new place you’ve never been to together
- make plans for a spring or summer garden that you’d both enjoy
- present your love with a DIY movie night gift basket for a cozy night on the couch
- encourage one another to dream big provide support along the way
- read inspiring books that will be game-changers in the way you do life together
- create a vision board for the life you want to create as a couple
- look for ways to serve others and act on them together
- choose to show each other grace, even when it’s hard
- refuse to keep score with your spouse – because marriage is not a competition
- take time to appreciate and truly pursue each other
- gift your honey the perfect playlist of love songs
- build your relationship one walk at a time
- make a personalized love coupon book for your honey
- give the gift that keeps on giving – surprise your spouse with a year of pre-planned dates
- plan a weekend getaway the perfect proximity from your home
- last but not least – save the ticket stubs and other faves from your time together to add to a couple’s memory jar!
What’s your favorite way to connect with the one you love? For more creative ideas to bond with your spouse, check out these summer fun date ideas next!
Love this! Thanks for sharing.
You’re so welcome 🙂
I love this list! We do lots of home-improvement projects together between our two homes, and have a great time doing them. I really like the date nights passport idea. What fun to travel around the world with your loved one right in your own home ( or neighborhood). 🙂 Please come share your blog posts over at the Home Matters Linky Party! We’d love to have you for a visit. The Door is OPEN. http://lifewithlorelai.com/2015/02/05/home-matters-linky-party-23/ 🙂
Life With Lorelai
Sounds great, thanks! Will do 🙂
These are fantastic. My fiancé and I knew we wanted forever together so I started making lists and keeping keepsakes to share our love story in a memory book. I love date night ideas.
Awesome, love that!
These are such great out-of-the-box ideas! I love the one about tackling home improvement together. And I never would have thought of making a date night passport but now it’s definitely on my list of things I must do!
Love it, great to hear!
These are all great ideas, and very timely resources! 🙂
These are all great ideas! Now to get my husband on board…
Haha enjoy the pursuit!
These are great! My husband and I love to talk about how we can save money better, which is usually an area of dissent between couples, but I guess we are just odd like that.
That is awesome!
LOVE these ideas, esp. the fake vacation! 🙂 Found you on motivational Mondays and I am now following you and looking forward to reading more great posts! 🙂
Awe thanks so much Cathy!
You have some great ideas here! I am such a quality time person, and I am always looking for date ideas or ways to connect with my fiance. Thanks for giving me some new ideas!
You are very welcome 🙂
We actually do quite a few of these, but I learned some new ones that I am excited about! I love the idea of a movie night-in gift basket! We are about to have our first child, and I don’t know how that will affect our dating life yet. The first couple months, we might need something fun and relaxing like a movie night in! 🙂
Congrats on the impending arrival of your first child! Hope you enjoy many sweet, simple nights connecting as a couple at home 🙂
Love these simple ideas for being intentional about connecting with each other! I’ll be re-pinning this one. Thanks! 🙂
Jen @ Being Confident of This
Thanks Jen! Glad you liked it!
A great list of tips! I think everyone can stand to do a little reconnecting with their spouse. I will surely be pinning this. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much 🙂
I love your list, Sybil! We are planning a cozy night of takeout and movies 🙂 We don’t tend to save the good stuff for holidays or special occasions. We try to have little celebrations often. We don’t need a holiday to express our love 🙂 I am pinning your list so I can refer to it for our next date night!
Awe love that! Thanks Michelle 🙂
These are all great ideas! We also like to take hikes together. I would love to do a full year of pre-planned dates! How fun would that be?!
For real! I would love to do so one year too!
These are all SUCH great tips! I actually gave my hubby the year of dates around the world for his birthday in December. 🙂 We’re doing an Italian date tomorrow night for V-day! Thanks for sharing these at Motivational Monday! Hope to have you back again on Sunday!
Soooo neat! Hope you have an amazing Valentine’s Day tomorrow!
I love this list! I like having at home movie nights. Drop the boys off at Grandma and Grandpa’s and then head home for a quiet dinner and a movie. Cheap and lovely. 🙂