So track season has just started for my daughter five days a week and needless to say I have found myself in need of some fast, easy food options for families. That’s why I fell in love with this recipe when I found it on the back of my bag of romaine lettuce heads. I adapted it a bit and made it my own – which I would encourage you to do too, if you decide to give this recipe a try. I love how it turned out so much I’ve eaten it probably 5-10 times in the month since I’ve found it and I’m thinking you’ll love it too!
To make chicken salad lettuce boats, you’ll need:
- Your favorite Mayo
- Romaine lettuce heads
- Red Grapes
- Canned chicken
- Optional: Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Red Onion
- Optional: Gorgonzola cheese crumbles for extra added epic awesomeness 🙂
- Slice grapes into quarters
- Dice celery into small, bite size pieces
- Drain canned chicken of excess water
- Mix together diced celery, quartered grapes with mayo and chicken to taste
- Slice each lettuce head in half
- Hollow out the inside of each lettuce head
- Dump chicken salad mixture into each lettuce boat
I eyeball proportions when I make this, but I generally use two cans of chicken, one bunch of grapes, one celery stalk, and two squirts of mayo. Then I add spices to taste. This recipe also doubles and triples well to feed a crowd! Bon appetite 😉
For more fun, family-friendly recipes click here! Would your family eat this one? Would love to hear if you decide to try it 🙂
Oh, yum-o! Thanks for sharing the recipe. 🙂
Oh glad you liked it! Thanks for your sweet comment 😉
Ooh, looks great! I’m not a mayo fan – I think I’ll try it with Ranch!
Great idea to sub out for ranch!!
These look so yummy!! Thanks for sharing.
You’re so welcome!
Oh Wow…these look great! I have everything on hand to make them for lunch today…YUM!
Yay! Enjoy! 🙂